The Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) will select partner interview candidates and sponsors in person or over the phone. When it comes to finding out if a relationship is real, this interview is meant to test each person’s understanding of the relationship and their partner.
An interviewer may ask the following types of questions throughout the process. Remember that this list is only a sampling of what is usually asked in partner visa applications and interviews, and the DHA has full discretion to ask any acceptable question. Asking an interviewer a question you feel is improper, particularly if it contains personal information about your relationship, is perfectly acceptable.
Questions related to meeting Your Partner and Your Relationship
- When did you first meet?
- Do you remember where you met?
- What first drew you to your partner?
- What is it about your relationship that you now find attractive?
- How long have you been together, and how did you meet?
- When did you first fall in love?
- Your “relationship” started when did it seem like it was “official”?
- If you and your partner exchanged gifts recently, what was it?
Questions that enquire about Your Partner
- How old is your spouse?
- Is your mate a college grad? If so, what kind and where did you get yours?
- In what year did your co-worker complete his or her undergraduate studies? In certain cases,
- What is the occupation of your significant other?
- What is your partner’s occupation?
- Are you familiar with the names of your partner’s family members?
- If your spouse has parents, how do you refer to them by name (nicknames, first names, etc).
- What is the home address of your partner’s parents?
- What is/were the names of your partner’s prior wives?
- If your spouse has a kid, where is he or she now?
- Do you have a favourite thing about your spouse?
Questions about Living Together
- Do you and your spouse share a house with anybody else? If this is the case, who is it?
- Why do you let your partner’s friends and family members live with you?
- How will you deal with your children if you and your spouse have different religious beliefs?
- Describe your house for us (that you share with your partner).
- If you have a spare bedroom in your house, please explain it to us.
- What kind of pets do you have?
- In the past, have you and your spouse made any large financial purchases together?
- To whom have you made significant financial obligations (e.g., leases)?
- Do you know what to do if this visa application is rejected?
- Do you and your partner have any plans to have a family?
If you wish to know more and discuss further on your Australian immigration, connect with us. We are the best Australian migration agency in Qatar. When in doubt, it is better to ask an expert. With us, you have the provision to choose amongst the best immigration consultants in Qatar. Connect with us to know more!