If you’re browsing the internet for your study options in Canada, you’ll get to know that taking an English test such as the IELTS is an essential step to getting into most courses.
But what exactly is the IELTS, and how should you prepare to pass it and get the score you need to get into your desired programme?
Learn what the IELTS is.
IELTS is an abbreviation for ‘International English Language Testing System.’ Every year, millions of students worldwide take the IELTS, one of the most widely accepted English tests in the world.
Many people take IELTS in order to achieve their academic and professional goals. The exam tests your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills in English. Furthermore, there are two versions of the IELTS: the Academic test i.e. AC and the General Training Test i.e. GT. While the Academic test is for students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies in a foreign university or college, the general training test is for people who migrate to an English-speaking country.
Getting a good IELTS score for admission into a foreign university can be challenging. But if you put in the effort, do hard work and get professional guidance and feedback from an immigration consultancy in Qatar, you will be able to crack the exam and achieve your goal. Here’s a list of compiled tips which will help you maximise your score in the IELTS exam-
- Become familiar with the IELTS format- To maximise your score in IELTS, you need to get familiar with the format of the exam. Understanding how different sections ( listening, speaking, reading and writing) are marked in the exam. Take a look at the band descriptors to get an idea of what you should do to meet the criteria.
- Research the IELTS score you need– Check the IELTS score requirements for your chosen course before taking the exam. The IELTS score required may vary depending on the educational institution and your level of study.
- Take coaching for the IELTS preparation course– Enrolling in an IELTS preparation course is one of the most important things you can do to prepare for the exam. A good preparation course will provide valuable information about the academic skills required as well as training in time management techniques to help you achieve the IELTS score you require.
- Take practice tests– There are numerous benefits of taking practice tests prior to the IELTS exam. You will get to know your strengths and weaknesses in English, see how you perform under exam conditions and even become familiar with questions and vocabulary.
- Obtain professional feedback from IELTS experts– Seeking feedback from an IELTS coach or expert can help you understand which of the four sections amongst reading, speaking, writing or listening- you need to improve in order to achieve your goals. This will help you avoid repeating mistakes and the test numerous times without knowing not only where and how you need to improve.
Connect with Giant Migration- The Best Student Visa Consultants in Qatar
Planning to study in Canada? Connect with Giant Migration, the best immigration consultancy in Qatar. At Giant Migration, we have more than ten years of combined experience in education and immigration. We can assist you in selecting a study programme and enrolling in language schools, secondary and higher schools, and universities as leading Canada Student visa consultants in Qatar.