By the end of 2022, Australia expects to welcome 160,000 immigrants! Visa procedures and fundamental eligibility criteria must be well understood before you can begin your immigration journey. Here, we’ll take a closer look at the three widely popular Australian visa categories.
Australian Visa Categories
Australian Department of Immigration offers several visa categories basis the purpose of the applicant’s visit.
Generally speaking, these visas fall into one of three categories:
- Visitor Visa – A visa is required for all visitors.
- Student Visa – Visas for education and training.
- Family Visa – Visas for family members and partners.
- Skilled Workers Visa- Visas for employment and training.
- Permanent Resident Visa – Visas for long-term occupants of a country.
- Refugee visas.
- Repealed Visa
Visa Categories for migrating to Australia as a Skilled Worker
Subclass 189- Skilled Independent Visa
- Possess prior work experience in a nominated profession on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List
- At the time of the invitation, you must hold relevant skill assessment report.
Also, Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) from inside or outside of Australia.
To submit an Expression of Interest, you must be under the age of 45, have a minimum score of 65 on the EOI, and be in excellent health and character.
Once you get an invitation to apply for this visa, you have 60 days to submit your application.
Required English Language scores of minimum 6 in each band.
- Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Visa
- You must have been nominated by an Australian state or territory.
- Possess prior work experience in one of the occupations included on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List.
Additional needs include the following:
- Must have a minimum score of 60 points
- Age should be below 45 years
- A minimum score of 6 on the IELTS language exam
- Positive skill assessment report for nominated occupation code.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), to the Australian Immigration authorities
- Possess the necessary health and police clearance certificates.
- Family Sponsorship Program
Your spouse, parent, sibling, or other immediate family members should be willing to sponsor your PR visa application.
Dependent applicants must have a spouse who is either:
- An Australian permanent resident;
- An Australian citizen; or
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
Here is all you need to know about migrating to Australia:
- You must have a minimum of 65 points to be able to apply for a visa.
- The total cost of the PR visa is AUD 4,115 for primary applicant and additional charges will be applicable for each dependent.
- The processing time for an Australian Permanent Resident Visa is generally six to nine months.
Giant Migration: Immigration to Australia from Qatar made easy
Whether searching for the best Canadian immigration consultants in Qatar or wishing for a consultant’s expertise for Australian immigration, we have it covered. Connect with our experts to discuss more!