Australia is a beautiful country that is visited by many people for a variety of purposes. Some come here to enjoy the beauty while some visit the continent to pursue education or business trips, and some choose this country to reside in and seek job opportunities. A lot of people wish to apply for citizenship while others apply for permanent residency, but what’s the difference? Many don’t know but as the prevailing rule, the foreign visitor must possess a valid substantive visa to stay in the country for a certain period and they can extend the visa when the expiry date is near or can re-apply.
If the old visa expires, the new visa will undergo processing, there is the option of a bridging visa. However, the visitor will be expected to go back to their country, as a visa doesn’t allow them to stay in the nation forever. Although one can achieve that with permanent residency. In order to do so or to know more, you must consider contacting us, the best and trusted Australian PR consultant in Qatar.
A permanent residency provides the holder with the right to live in the country indefinitely, in case of an entry or even exit. Without an authentic permanent visa with an approved authority, the holder or bearer will not be allowed to travel internationally.
Let’s go through the basic difference between the Australian citizen and permanent resident in terms of voting, traveling, and benefits…
- Citizens have the right to enter the country whenever they wish to.
- They have the right to vote during the government elections
- Citizens are eligible for government services and other benefits based on the rules and laws set by the government agency for the service.
Australian Permanent Resident:
- If Permanent residents wish to travel internationally, they will be required to make sure that they have a permanent visa with an authentic travel authorization in case they wish to return to the country as a PR.
- In many cases, permanent residents are not allowed to vote during the Australian government elections. However, if a resident is enrolled to vote before 1984, they may remain eligible.
- About the benefits and eligibility for government services, it depends on the rules and laws set by the government agency.
If you are planning to move to this beautiful country, or to know more about Australian PR, or immigration to Australia from Qatar, connect with one of our experts at Giant Migration. We are the top-notch and trusted immigration consulting company in Qatar that provides nothing less than the best immigration solutions to clients.